jueves, 1 de abril de 2010

Black tarot

Recuerdo que cuando salió el álbum Holy wood: in the shadow of the valley of death (2000) de Marilyn Manson, hubo una promoción: el CD venía con unas cartas del tarot. Desafortunadamente yo no caí dentro de esa repartición geográfica y nunca las llegué a ver como cartas, sino como ilustraciones dentro del libro que viene en la carátula del disco.
Juro que si no fuese por esta desgracia de adquirir los dólares en este país defectuoso, ya las habría ordenado por internet desde hace años.
I’ve been listening MM for the last 10 years… I was 11, or so, when I first saw a music video of them from Mechanical animals. As a fan I can say I “know” MM as a distant admiror on a distant land can. Saying this I admit I don’t have a crush on MM as a man or as a character… I have a crush on him as an artist and creator.
I don’t like simple things, I don’t even believe such thing as “simple” does exist. I think that’s what MM is… a bid complicated thing wich I have grown along with, and wich I had learnd to love.
MM has became my drug, the whole thing is so addictive… I hate and I love it at the same time. I may not listen to them everyday, but I do think about MM everyday… this may be shallow or ever exagerated; but this is what you do when you’re addicted to something… is always with you, it haunts you in every thought, and you put a little bit of that in everything that you do. At last, it became a lifestyle.
I know I’ve been writting as if I’m some kind of important person… Anyways, I like to think if my insides exploted, and my guts where spread all over a room, I’m sure I’d haunt the place and it’ll pretty much look like a MM music video. So… I just wanted to write something down…
Oh, Holywood… this is the album that lead me, almost 10 years ago, to a blinded love to Marilyn Manson. I mean the whole band…

2 comentarios:

MARY dijo...

Anda y yo... Son superchulas y con lo que me gusta el tarot ;)
Saludos!!!

Tamara dijo...

La de Twiggy siempre ha sido mi prefe, aunque no me hicieron mucha gracia de todas formas....